One of my paraprofessionals called in sick today, which left a group of four readers, with about twenty sight words between them, alone to fend for themselves for twenty minutes. Reading with Mrs. Pietrowski to the rescue! Kids - to the listening station! Me - throw the CD in the player! Headphones on everyone, and crisis adverted. Four seated children reading along with Virtual Mrs. Pietrowski for twenty minutes.
Obviously, some were more engaged then others, but I think they were in to it.....
3 comments:
Hi Amy: I think you've got a well-thought out study here! I like your use of technology - simple and, more important, likely to be used by the students. My main question for you: How will you get data on that shines light on the relationship between the CD and students' reading? I see a variety of data collection methods, but think there should be more items focused directly on this relationship. David W.
Hey Amy,
I havent' gone to the dropbox to read your tip, mainly because angel is finicky adn slow here. heck. everythign is slow here. it's very frustrating. Anyway, I hope to get a better idea of what you're doing through your blog - so if you want to outline your tip quicckly on it, that'd help me heaps!
hope it goes well! ps; are you in Atlanta??
Amy,
Well, you have a nice plan with great details. I hope to learn more about your students/participants, how many of them are in your project, their age, gender, and other demographic information. One question I have is, if students do make progress in independent reading, how do you know to what degree the progress is attributed to the CD recording or other reasons, say, simply maturation of students?
Post a Comment